Thursday 10 May 2012

INBETWEENER makes directing debut with Essex band THE MILK

The Inbetweener and friend of the pink toothbrush James Buckley has made his directorial debut on fellow friends of The Pink Toothbrush Essex band The Milk's new music video for their single 'Every Time We Fight.' Asked how he got involved, Buckley said: "I got involved through mutual friends. I've liked the band for some time and I just an email out of the blue from a mate of mine (the brush's very own promoter Stu lol) who knows the band asking if I'd get involved in the video. I put myself forward to direct and I came up with the concept of the video as well. It's been the most rewarding thing I've done in my career so far." Then asked what the video was about and his role in it, the actor added: "The band have described the song as a love letter to the working class and I've basically filmed the video in the working men's club where my dad would drag me to on a Friday and I still drink in now."
He continued: "It's about those characters that you see in the every pub and capturing that in a beautiful manner. There's a back story of a factory closing and how the people then come together as a community. The song was written at the same time as the London riots and it's a kick back at that. I play a worker, who rallies everyone together."
Stu from the club was also on set making a behind the scenes feature which will be out shortly ..... expect us at the brush blog to be shouting about THE MILK as we honestly believe they are the next big thing !!!! unfortunatly James and co are still editing the video so in the meantime feast your eyes on the last single "Broke Up The Family"

No comments:

Post a Comment