Thursday 12 April 2012

JOHNNY MARR HINTS AT SMITHS REUNION



Johnny Marr has revealed that he knows how much a Smiths reunion would mean to fans, saying it would be great for everyone to see the band back on stage.



Speaking in Rolling Stone, Marr admitted that he's aware of the desire to see The Smiths join the likes of Pulp, Blur and Stone Roses in reuniting for one last swansong.

"I don't know about the possibility, but what I do know is that I understand how great it would be to make so many people happy," adding:. "The other thing I know is that Morrissey and I are so very different. Those are the only things I know."

Speaking about how any decision regarding the future of The Smiths will not be based on money however, Marr added: "Nothing really gets off the ground just purely because of money. Certainly, as I see it, so many other things would have to be fixed and we're just too different to get them fixed, it appears."

No comments:

Post a Comment